dynamic attribute syntax

castironpi castironpi at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 16:05:49 EDT 2008

On Aug 17, 2:46 pm, Paul Boddie <p... at boddie.org.uk> wrote:
> On 17 Aug, 21:29, castironpi <castiro... at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > What are the changes, pros and cons, involved in something like:
>
> > obj:att for a dynamic access, and obj.att for static?
>
> A previous proposal and discussion can be found here:
>
> http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0363/
>
> Paul

Thanks for the reference.  Well, check out the two alternatives, a~b
and a!b, which are easy on the eyes, and weren't proposed, but don't
allow expressions.  (Turns out 'if a:b' is valid, so never mind that
one.)  I also won't let you forget that $ and ? are unused so far
too.  I see syntax was one of the complaints.