Filling in Degrees in a Circle (Astronomy)

Sat Aug 23 10:11:59 EDT 2008

W. eWatson wrote:
> I'm working on this now, but my knowledge of python needs refreshing.
> Right now I have a file of all the az,el data I've collected, and I'd
> like to open it with Python for XP. However, Python doesn't like this:
>
> junkfile = open('c:\tmp\junkpythonfile','w')
>
> I get
>     junkfile = open('c:\tmp\junkpythonfile','w')
> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'c:\tmp\\junkpythonfile'
>
> This problematic segment is just a hack of a similar statement which has
> the same problem and a much longer path. I suspect the problem is with
> the back slash.

A standard windows error. note that '\t' is a tab, and I doubt you have
    junkfile = open(r'c:\tmp\junkpythonfile','w')
or
    junkfile = open('c:\\tmp\\junkpythonfile','w')
for file names.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org