Vmware api

Eric Wertman ewertman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 10:17:18 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 8:50 AM,  <Edwin.Madari at verizonwireless.com> wrote:
> do the ESX server provide any api's or an interactive session may ?

Yes, there's a seemingly very full-featured API, that's documented here:

http://www.vmware.com/support/developer/vc-sdk/visdk25pubs/ReferenceGuide/index.html

They have samples for perl, java, and C#.  Now that I'm looking at it,
the wsdl files gave me namespace problems that I couldn't figure out.
I'm not exactly an expert in web services though.  I'd attach copies
of them, but I'm not sure if that's appropriate for the list.   It
seems a shame that they don't have examples and some other support for
using python. The CIM API they have does have some python examples,
but that's a different thing all together.