A question about string and float number

Wei Guo weiguo6 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 15:06:51 EDT 2008

Hi Thanks for Tyler and Edwin's help.

For my questions, I need to import some xml file and there are floating
number and strings in it. I need to process string and number differently.
This is reason that I am asking question here. Is this background
information we need for this quesions.

Btw, which way is better? type or with exception ValueError?

Thanks,

Wei