How to check in CGI if client disconnected

Vishal vrshah at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 02:26:19 EDT 2008

Hi,

  Thanks for the replies. In my case, the cgi is sending a large file
to the client. In case the the stop button is pressed on the browser
to cancel the download, i want to do some cleanup action. It's all one-
way transfer in this case, so i can't expect the client to send
anything to me. I read somewhere that apache sends the SIGTERM signal
to a cgi when the client disconnects. However, my cgi is not getting
the signal - is there a way to have the cgi catch and handle the
SIGTERM?

I tried using the signal module

---
def sigtermHandler(signum, frame):
    # do some cleanup

signal.signal(signal.SIGTERM, sigtermHandler)

---

But even this doesn't work.

Regards,

-vishal.