Decimals not equalling themselves (e.g. 0.2 = 0.2000000001)

Edwin.Madari at VerizonWireless.com Edwin.Madari at VerizonWireless.com
Sun Aug 3 11:16:20 EDT 2008

for nth square root: use math.sqrt n times for example
>>> import math
>>> num = 625
>>> how_many_sqrt = 2
>>> for i in range(how_many_sqrt):
..     num = math.sqrt(num)
..
>>> num
5.0

all comparisons work fine for arbitrary floating point numbers...
For readability print them with required precision. for example
>>> b = b/2
True
>>> a, b
(0.20000000000000001, 0.20000000000000001)
('0.20', '0.20')

thx. Edwin