Programming Languages Decisions

E.D.G. edgrsprj at ix.netcom.com
Tue Aug 19 02:45:57 EDT 2008

"Terry Reedy" <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote in message
news:mailman.1807.1219098125.922.python-list at python.org...
> Rather than explain further, I suggest that you visit python.org and read
> some of the tutorial to see what *you* think.
> http://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html

My original programs were mostly in Basic.  When it became obvious that I
needed a more powerful language I took a look at Python, Ruby, and a number
of other languages.

To get started with this work I decided to go with Perl because it will do a
lot of things and is highly flexible.  And, it got the job done.  But now
that this application is up and running I am trying to collect opinions
regarding what languages more serious programmers might want to use with
future work for the application.  And for independent researchers, Python
might be the one they would choose.  For government and university
researchers who have more resources and their own computer programmers
available it is sounding like one of the "C" family of languages might be
the one they would  like.

How is Python with graphics?