Python on Mac

luca.ciciriello at email.it luca.ciciriello at email.it
Wed Aug 27 10:46:23 EDT 2008

Hi All.
I'm really new in the python world, so, sorry if my question is particulary
stupid.
I've just installed on my system (Mac OS X 10.4 PPC) the python version
2.5.2 and all works fine.
My next step is to install the version 3.0 (when available). I've read
somewhere that this version will break the backward compatibility with the
2.x series. I know that several Mac apps (such as Xcode developement
environment) use python for its internal functionalities. Now, my question
is: what will appen to the Mac apps if I install the version 3.0 of python?
Is it safe to install this version without to compromise the behaviour of
the system?

Thanks in advance for any answer and, again, sorry if my question is
particulary stupid, I will learn with time.

Luca.

 Sponsor:
 Libera la tua voglia di giocare. Scarica Videogames sul cellulare!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=7753&d=20080827