Building python-svn from source

The Pythonista none at this.time
Mon Aug 11 22:15:42 EDT 2008

First of all, I apologize if this would be more appropriate for python-
dev, but I don't normally subscribe to that list, and felt it would also
be of general use, so....

I'm having problems building the latest Python 2.6 and 3.0 from
subversion, and I'm not sure how to resolve the problem.  In each case,
configure executes without problem, but, when I execute 'make', I get
this error (the same one for both 2.6 and 3.0):

./Parser/asdl_c.py -h ./Include ./Parser/Python.asdl
Must specify exactly one output file
make: *** [Include/Python-ast.h] Error 1

Am I doing something wrong?  If not, how do I work around this error?

Thanks!

--
code.py: A blog about life, the universe, and Python

http://pythonista.wordpress.com