Missing exceptions in PEP 3107

Duncan Booth duncan.booth at invalid.invalid
Sun Aug 10 16:45:42 EDT 2008

Christoph Zwerschke <cito at online.de> wrote:

> But maybe the PEP should then at least mention what's the currently
> recommended way to make annotations about thrown exceptions.

There is no currently recommended way to make such annotations, so how
could the PEP mention it?

I think the problem you are going to face is that almost any function could
potentially throw almost any exception. That may mean it is a good idea to
document what exceptions you expect to be thrown, but it also means you
cannot expect those annotations to be anything other than documentation.