python-mode is missing the class browser

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 08:32:37 EDT 2008

On Aug 7, 5:55 pm, Alexander Schmolck <a.schmo... at gmail.com> wrote:
> There are two different and independently developedpython-modes. The
> politically correct one that comes with emacs (IIRC python.el) that had pretty
> limited functionality last time I looked, and the original but not FSF blessed
> python-mode.el (http://sourceforge.net/projects/python-mode/), which should
> come with install instructions. If you use ipython you might additionally
> want to install ipython.el, which comes with the ipython tar ball.

I have solved by using ipython.el which was already installed. For the
sake of
future googlers using Ubuntu 8.04, emacs and ipython, it is enough if
you just add

(setq ipython-command "/usr/bin/ipython")
(require 'ipython)

to your .emacs. It is nice since I get the occasion to try ipython.el
which I am
sure I will like ;)

       M. Simionato