WindowsXP / CTypes Module - unable to access function in a dll

dudeja.rajat at gmail.com dudeja.rajat at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 06:04:41 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm using the CTYPES module of python to load a dll. My dll contains a
Get_Version function as:
long __stdcall af1xEvdoRDll_GetVersion(long version[4]);

This function accepts a long array of 4 elements.

Following is the python code I've written:

from ctypes import *
abc =  windll.af1xEvdoRDll
GetVersion = abc.af1xEvdoRDll_GetVersion
print GetVersion
versionArr = c_long * 4                #array of 4 longs
version = versionArr(0, 0, 0, 0)     # initializing all elements to 0
GetVersion(version)                    #calling dll function
print version

I'm getting the following output:
<_FuncPtr object at 0x00A1EB70>
<__main__.c_long_Array_4 object at 0x00A86300>

But I'm not getting the desired output which I expect as : 2.1.5.0

Please suggest what am I missig?