Object Manipulation and Frames

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 13:59:48 EDT 2008

<snip>

> Thanks alot Mr.Driscoll, that snippet of code helped me alot..but i
> was of the idea that the application should be cyclic in nature, that
> it hould not exit even on failure to authenticate the user.My idea is
> that once logged in i should be able to bring back the ligin screen on
> full screen without the Title bar once the user's session is through,
> could you/anyone please guide me on how i can acheive this.Thanks alot.

The application is "cyclic" in that it basically runs in an infinite
loop until you exit the application. The login screen part of it can
be cyclic too. Basically what you want will be in your
"loginDlg.LoginDlg()" code, which is the dialog that you show to the
user to login with. In there you can have. In my original application,
I have a function that does the authentication for me and returns
either True or False. If False (i.e. bad credentials), then I display
a modal dialog telling the user to try again.

Since all of my login dialog code is in a separate module, I can reuse
it at any time. So if I need to display it again, I just create a new
instance and the user can login again or some other user can login. In
your case, I would add some code to check if the main frame of your
application was visible or enabled or something and hide or disable it
when I re-display the login dialog.

Hopefully that all makes sense. If not, let me know.

Mike