Is my thinking Pythonic?

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid
Fri Aug 22 05:20:53 EDT 2008

Fredrik Lundh a écrit :
> Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
>
>> Unless you have a really good reason to use an antiquated and
>> deprecated object model, use "new-style" classes (for a value of "new"
>> being "now many years old"):
>
> the distinction is gone in 3.0,

Yeps, but not in 2.5.2, which is still the current stable release.

> so can we please stop flaming people

Hear hear... Now *this* is a very sound advice.

> for
> violating a crap rule that's quite often pointless in 2.X and completely
> pointless in 3.0?

Given the lack of proper support for the descriptor protocol in
old-style classes and a couple other diverging behaviors, I wouldn't say
that advising newcomers to use new-style classes is so pointless.