[unittest] Run setUp only once

Jorgen Grahn grahn+nntp at snipabacken.se
Sun Aug 3 16:56:10 EDT 2008

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 20:12:14 +0200, Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus at rath.org> wrote:
> Jean-Paul Calderone <exarkun at divmod.com> writes:

> Yeah, well, I guess that would work. But to me this looks really more
> like a nasty hack.. isn't there a proper solution?

[Someone described elsewhere in the thread how it's xUnit's philosophy
to have one environment per executed test.]

One option is to look into other unit test tools. People sometimes
mention "py.test" as being superior.  I haven't tried it -- I'm just a
slightly dissatisfied unittest user.

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unit_testing_frameworks#Python

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@        Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
\X/     snipabacken.se>          R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!