Good approximate static function call analyzer

Dan Yamins dyamins at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 17:27:48 EDT 2008

I'm looking for a reasonable static function call analysis tool for python
functions -- something that will look at code (and possibly import the
module it's in) and return a reasonable guess at the functions that might be
called by the code.  For my purposes, approximations are totally fine --
e.g. the analyzer doesn't have to analyze and pare out calls that won't
actually get made due to the deep semantics of the function -- and it
doesn't have to be able to see function calls made inside exec statements
&c.    The key thing is that I have to be able to run the analyzer  without
calling the function.

Any tips on where I can look to find such or thing (or build it myself)
would be great.  Thanks!