Dropping privileges in python daemon

David Härdeman david at hardeman.nu
Mon Aug 18 08:33:27 EDT 2008

I'm currently working on a python daemon which needs to be able to
correctly drop privileges after opening ports and files that it needs to
open as root.

I'm used from C programming to use setresuid() to change the real,
effective and saved uid in one go, and although the os module has some of
the set*uid() functions it doesn't seem to have setresuid().

Nor could I find any another functions in os.* or posix.* which manipulate
the saved uid...so how do I get/set the saved uid in python?

(please CC me any replies)

--
David Härdeman