Getting mod_python to Work

jpuopolo puopolo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 08:44:28 EDT 2008

Hi, all...

I am hoping that someone can help me with the magic incantation to get
mod_python working on my local machine.

Set up: Apache 2.2.9, mod_python 3.3.1 on Windows Vista (yes, pity
me).

I've gotten the basic mptest.py handler to work with no problem. I am
now trying to use the mod_python.publisher, but when I do, I get a 404
Not Found error for any file I try to access. If I switch back to my
simple mptest,py handler, everything works fine.

What do I need to do so that I can use the mod_python.publisher?

Here is the relevant section from my httpd.conf file:

LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.so
<Directory "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\cgi-
bin/">
  AddHandler mod_python .py
  #PythonHandler mptest --- works if I uncomment this line and comment
next line
  PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
  PythonDebug On
</Directory>