properties with subscripted variables

Fabrizio Pollastri f.pollastri at inrim.it
Tue Aug 26 06:41:11 EDT 2008

Hi,
I work on the python module AVC (http://avc.inrim.it) useful for the
development of applications with GUIs. AVC is based on the property
mechanism: any a variable controlled by AVC is set as a property, so
when it is assigned by the application program, the __set__ function
is called and AVC does its job. This works fine with non sequence
types and with sequence types when are assigned as a whole, without
subscripting. When the assignment has a subscript, the __set__ method
is no more called. This is a limitation from the point of view of AVC.
My goal would be to be able to intercept (trigger a call to a method
of my module) any kind of variable assignment, even if it is a
sequence type with a subscript.
There is a way to reach this result with properties or with other
ways?

Best regards,
F. Pollastri