The python not starting under cmd.exe

durumdara at gmail.com durumdara at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 04:34:09 EDT 2008

Hi!

My problem is that:
The "test.py" is working in every machine that I use except in my home
machine.
Formerly it worked but now not. I don't know what happened, I searching
for some solution.

The errormessage is this (after I tried to start test.py under cmd.exe):

    Microsoft Windows XP [verziószám: 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

    c:\>test.py
    A rendszer nem tudja végrehajtani a megadott programot.

    c:\>

Sorry for non english, I try to translate it:
"The system cannot execute the program/application."

Interesting thing that the starting from Explorer, FreeCommander, or
other tool (Double clicking, Hit enter on it) is working good, so the
"py" linked to the python.
I tried to set path, and pathext too but it have no effect.

This command is working:
"python test.py".

I don't know, why not working the "test.py" command, because in other
machines it is working good... :-(((((

Thanks for any advance in this problem!

    dd