maybe a stupid question

Strato python at p0w.org
Fri Aug 8 18:33:10 EDT 2008

Hi,

I suppose this has already been asked in the list, but I ask anyway:

I want to determine from where my python app is executed, but I want to
determine the path of the real script file, not the path of the command
being executed (in case of symlink in a *bin dir in the system).

I explain:

I have an app installed in /usr/lib/python2.5/site-package/MyApp

I have a symlink in /usr/local/bin that points to
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-package/MyApp/myscript.py

Then, when I launch my script from anywhere using the symlink, how to
determine that the script is located in
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-package/MyApp ?

Regards,
Strato