Confused: looking for a simple XML parser

Rex rex.eastbourne at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 20:21:56 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am a Python programmer facing my first small XML project. I am
looking to find a simple tool to take an XSD file and convert the XSD
tree structure to another text format (e.g. an adjacency matrix for
the tree's graph), or convert one xml file format definition into
another, non-xml one. I don't need to validate XML documents created
by this schema or do anything else fancy. I just need to be able to
traverse this tree programmatically and find which child attributes
belong to which parent attributes, etc.

There seem to be so many Python libraries and programs out there that
I don't know what to use.

What tool should I use?

Thanks,
Rex