Bizarre method keyword-arg bug.

Wed Aug 20 14:04:37 EDT 2008

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:09:21 -0400, Robert Brown wrote:

> In any case, chances are high that Lisp's way of handling default
> arguments would have been changed had it been shown to cause performance
> problems.

But nobody is suggesting that it would cause performance problems in
*Lisp*. It might, or it might not. Who cares? We're not talking about
Lisp, we're talking about *Python*, and evaluating default arguments
every time the function is called would certainly cause a performance hit
in Python.

--
Steven