.cpp to .pyd

vedrandekovic at yahoo.com vedrandekovic at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 7 03:25:10 EDT 2008

Hello,

I want to build my C++ (.cpp) script to (.pyd) like this:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Python_Programming/Extending_with_C%2B%2B

I have installed "Microsoft Visual studio .NET 2003" and "Boost
Python" and then after I run my setup script:

python setup.py build

I get this error:

running build
running build_ext
building 'hello' extension
D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\bin\cl.exe /c /
nologo /Ox
 /MD /W3 /GX /DNDEBUG -IC:\Panda3D-1.5.2\python\include -IC:
\Panda3D-1.5.2\pytho
n\PC /Tphellomodule.cpp /Fobuild\temp.win32-2.5\Release
\hellomodule.obj
hellomodule.cpp
hellomodule.cpp(9) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
'boost/python/
module.hpp': No such file or directory
error: command '"D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\Vc7\bin\cl.e
xe"' failed with exit status 2

I think that my MS visual studio  cannot find "boost python", if
that's the problem then can you tell me how can I solve it.
This is very begginer question,but I can't find answer nowhere, and I
don't have any expirience with Microsoft products.

Sorry for my bad english!
Regards,
Veki