Cutting and Pasting in Windows IDLE

Victor Subervi victorsubervi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 12:04:05 EDT 2008

Hi;
A couple of weeks ago I asked how to cut and paste multiple lines in the
Windows IDLE interface. I can only paste one line at a time! Frustrating. I
want it to work like my Linux interpreter. Why doesn´t it? Please help.

Someone wrote this, which did not help at all:

Well, I'm not really sure what to say. I've just copied that
whole section with drag-mouse, Ctrl-C. I then opened a new
interpreter window (effectively, Start > Run > python) and
right-clicked over the window. At this point, the lines I
copied were copied in and the function accepted by the
interpreter.
I do have QuickEdit on by default in all by console windows,
but the only difference I expect that to make is that you'd
otherwise have to use the window's System Menu (Alt-Space,
Edit, Paste).

TIA,

Victor