Storing Passwords

Eric Wertman ewertman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 21:44:04 EDT 2008

I've a number of scripts set up that require a username/password
combination to log in elsewhere.  It's gotten to the point where I
need to keep them in a more secure location, instead of just in the
scripts themselves.  I did a bit of searching, and haven't come up
with a great way to store passwords using 2-way encryption (I have to
send them as plain text).  Has anyone seen anything that fits this
need?  I whipped up something using base64 and pickle, to keep them in
a dictionary and at least prevent them from being plain text, but it
seems a bit insecure all the same.   Any ideas, much appreciated.

Thanks!

Eric