Windows / Tkinter - problem with grid - not able to place widgets at desired places

dudeja.rajat at gmail.com dudeja.rajat at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 10:25:29 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm learning Python and Tkinter. I've started programming in Eclipse with PyDev.
I'm intending to create a GUI. I'm not able to understand the Grid
manager perhaps because there is quite a less documentation available
for it on the net.

My desired GUI is attached in the mail. Although I've tried writing a
class module for this GUI but I'm not able to set all things right in
the GUI. The Biggest problem seems to be with the Grid Manager in
terms how it divides a window in Rows / columns. etc. I'm not able to
place none of the widgets correctly in the GUI.

For your convenience, I'm attaching this code also as myModule1.py .
Please some one review it and help create me this GUI.

PS: The desired GUI is attached as a GIF file. The version v1.4.5.1 is
a label the contents of which are dynamically picked.

Thanks and regards,
Rajat