Using two pythons in an application

Larry Bates larry.bates at websafe.com`
Sun Aug 3 18:36:40 EDT 2008

Allen wrote:
> I'm in the process of developing an application that will use Python for
> a scripting support.  In light of the upcoming changes to Python, I was
> wondering if it is possible to link to and use two different versions of
>  Python so that in the future, scripts could be migrated to the new
> version, and older scripts would still work as well.  If so are there
> any code examples of this.
>
> Brian Vanderburg II

Unlike languages you pay for, Python has on real motivation to "obsolete" old
versions of Python (e.g. to force you to pay of an upgrade).  You can still get
version 1.5.2 of Python and it is MANY years old and most could consider quite
obsolete.  I just would not worry about it and stick with 2.5/2.6 for
development and begin looking at Python 3.0 so I can learn what's new and exciting.

-Larry