python custom command interpreter?

joey boggs jboggs7 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 15:19:19 EDT 2008

I've got a hopefully simple question, maybe I'm just not searching for the
right information.

I'm working on a project that is using kickstarts to build Fedora/CentOS
variant machines. Within the kickstart in the post section we will be
performing disk space reductions by removing any unnecessary directories on
the machine.

In the end I'd like to be able to run a custom interpreter and just feed it
one command and a directory. The end result in the kickstart something like
this:

%post --interpreter #!/usr/bin/myinterpreter
DROP /tmp/directory
DROP /tmp/directory2

How would I setup the interpreter to take the DROP command? I've been
reading and searching all day but I haven't found anything close to what I'm
doing. I realize that using custom commands in this case is overkill but in
the end is used to make the users life easier. If anyone can point me to
some documentation I would be more than grateful.

Thanks,
Joey