Creating environment variables.

aditya shukla adityashukla1983 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 18:17:42 EDT 2008

Hello folks,

I am writing a program(prog 1) in python , which requires to know the path
of another program(prog 2) in order to execute.I can get my prog1 to work
when i hard code the path of the existing program(prog2).But since the path
of prog could be anywhere on the file system , thus i cannot hard codes its
path.And i am not supposed to take the path of prog2 as an input to prog1.So
is there anyway to solve this problem , by the creation of environment
variable (whose value is set as the path of prog 2)?Also how do i create
environment variable for prog1?

Thanks in advance

Aditya