QT 4.4 and timedelta

admoore me at alandmoore.com
Mon Aug 25 12:48:45 EDT 2008

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but is there a QT object to
represent time intervals, a la datetime.timedelta?

I'm working on a utility that displays database query results from a
postgres database (using psycopg2) in a QTableView.  For columns
created using "age(some_date_column)", I get a datetime.timedelta
object from psycopg2.

What I'd like is to be able to format this column in a friendly way
(say "7 years, 2 months, 4 days"), yet have the QTableView treat it
properly (e.g. for sorting purposes, not sorting it lexically but by
the actual length of time).

Anyone have any input or ideas on this?