Trouble importing modules in IDLE (Win32)

boblatest at googlemail.com boblatest at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 22 08:29:35 EDT 2008

Hello,

I wrote aprogram that imports odbc and dbi. Originally I used PyWin,
but now I prefer IDLE for working in Windows. Anyway, when I start my
program from IDLE, it can't import the odbc and dbi modules. However,
when I restart the shell and type "import odbc" at the prompt by, I
don't get an error. When I try to run the program now, I get the error
again. When I now type "import odbc" at the prompt, I get the error as
well.

In short:
In a freshly (re)started shell, I can use "import odbc" by hand. I
can't import odbc from within a script, or by hand after trying to
start such a script. Screen capture follows.

robert

>>> import odbc # <<-no error here!
>>> # script started here

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "H:\PythonProjekte\ADBExpress.py", line 1, in <module>
    import odbc
ImportError: DLL load failed: Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht
gefunden.