Attack a sacred Python Cow

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 03:29:03 EDT 2008

On Jul 28, 8:46 pm, "Russ P." <Russ.Paie... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Letting "self" (or whatever the first argument was) be implied in
> ".cat" does absolutely *NOTHING* to change the internal workings of
> the Python interpreter. It's a very simple idea that you insist on
> making complicated. As I said, I could write a pre-processor myself to
> implement it in less than a day.

I implemented such a pre-processor 6+ years ago and I am absolutely
sure
I was not to first one to reinvent this particular wheel. But now I
have grown up
and I am happy with self, because sometimes it can
be named cls, mcl, obj or anything else, and I take advantage of this
fact in my code. self is more readable than a dot and there is
no point in making a special case for it.

 Michele Simionato