Prevalent Python/Django academic software

Daniel Bickett dbickett at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 00:07:40 EDT 2008

Is anyone working on any software at present, using django or python
in general, which serves various academic/course functions, or else
that of student-instructor arbitration? A popular example which my
university uses is the "Blackboard Academic Suite" (wpedia:Blackboard
Inc.), which offers a wide range of course functionality (prof
announcements, forums, content management, grades, file sharing, etc.)

A preliminary search on Google didn't turn up much. I'm interested in
developing this sort of application if there aren't any at large, or
perhaps even if there are. I'm equally interested in looking into
existing options.

Thanks,
dbickett