urlretrieve can't send headers

triplezone3 triplezone3 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 19 14:19:45 EDT 2008

I have looked in to urllib2, and I can't find a
function which would allow me to get the progress of
the download as it happens, bit by bit, like
urlretrieve does, at least not easily.
urllib.urlretrieve's returnhook is just handy.
I have another question concerning urlretrieve, is
there a way I can force it to stop downloading
half-way, say after the user clicked cancel? Thanks in
advance.