Advice on tools/technologies/books, etc.

Brian breily at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 22:15:47 EDT 2008

I would definitely recommend Django as a framework - though the choice of
framework wouldn't really affect your use of AJAX.  And using AJAX actually
doesn't require learning a whole lot of javascript stuff - using something
like the Prototype JS library (prototypejs.org) takes care of all the
details.

As for making async apps, AJAX is the popular and simplest choice.
Gears/Adobe Air/MS Silverlight I believe involve significantly more work.

Brian