restructured text in python

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Thu Apr 24 09:27:49 EDT 2008

-On [20080424 13:16], bdsatish (bdsatish at gmail.com) wrote:
>#!/usr/bin/env

#!/usr/bin/env what? I guess you meant #!/usr/bin/env python

>"""
>Author: BDS
>Version: 1.0
>"""
>
>def  Hello():
>    """ Prints a Hello World to the screen"""
>    print "Hello, World"
>
>I want to use ReSt (reStructuredText) in my docstrings or comments.
>Any example of how to do it, w.r.t. above code ? Also how to invoke
>rst on the Python code to do the processing ?

Just run epydoc (easy_install epydoc) on your code, for example, and observe
the resulting output.

Once you see the output it's quite easy, since you already know reSt, how to
change your docstrings to use appropriate formatting for what you need.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
Give me the strength to be who I was, and forgive me for who I am...