traceback.print_exc() supposed to stop exception propagation.

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Apr 6 16:23:17 EDT 2008

"Sami" <sami.islam at NOSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote in message
news:69-dnW_JftMHvGTanZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d at bt.com...
| Hello,
|
| In the Python book that I am using to learn the language it says that
| the traceback.print_exc() can be used to stop exception propagation and
| make the program keep running.

It is possible that the unspecified book describes an unspecified Python
version that is not the same as the unspecified version that you tested
with ;-).

Help respondants by providing version info.  Sometimes even the system/OS
info is helpful, though probably not relevant here.

tjr