design choice: multi-threaded / asynchronous wxpython client?

Jorge Godoy jgodoy at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 12:20:53 EDT 2008

bullockbefriending bard wrote:

> 3) I need to dump this data (for all races, not just current about to
> start race) to text files, store it as BLOBs in a DB *and* update real
> time display in a wxpython windowed client.

Why in a BLOB?  Why not into specific data types and normalized tables?  You
can also save the BLOB for backup or auditing, but this won't allow you to
use your DB to the best of its capabilities...  It will just act as a data
container, the same as a network share (which would not penalize you too
much to have connections open/closed).