py3k s***s

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Tue Apr 15 11:10:26 EDT 2008

Sverker Nilsson wrote:
> [about code supporting multiple Python versions]
> When it has been the fuzz with versions before, then I could have the
> same code still work with older versions. But now it seems I have to
> fork TWO codes.  [...]

I don't think many people have ported their C extensions to Python 3.0,
yet. I've had the dubious privilege for pysqlite/the sqlite 3 module.
And I find that's a bigger pain than the Python level. Way too many
#ifdefs. I don't like branching projects, but this seems to be the only
sensible approach here.

-- Gerhard