problem with listdir

David wizzardx at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 03:54:21 EDT 2008

>  i get the following error
>  WindowsError: [Error 123] The filename, directory name, or volume
>  label syntax is incorrect: 'f:\\code\\python\pgmgallery/*.*'
>
>  i am running python on winXP ..can anyone tell me why i get this
>  error?
>  --

>From some Googling, it looks like this error can happen in Windows
when you have registry problems. This isn't a Python problem as far as
I can tell.

A few things for you to try:

* Try running your code on another machine with the same directory.

* Run cmd.exe and see if you can run "dir f:\\code\\python\pgmgallery/*.*"

* Try using other drives besides F: (C: is a good start)

* Try using other directories under F: drive in your program and see
when you start hitting the problem.

David.