Why can't timedeltas be divided?

webograph webograph at eml.cc
Sun Apr 27 06:40:05 EDT 2008

On 2008-04-27 09:12, Martin v. Löwis wrote:
>> Last time I brought up this sort of thing, it seemed fairly unanimous
>> that the shortcomings of the datetime module were 'deliberate' and
>> would not be fixed, patch or no patch.
>>
> Ok, so then if the answer to my question is "yes", the first step
> should be to discuss it on python-dev.
i've had a look at the source code and written a small patch (attached;
contains a case in classical/floor division as well as truediv).
is there a defined escalation procedure from python-list to python-dev
or should i just send the suggestion+patch there?

regards
webograph

ps: i hope the patch conforms to python c coding style (most of it is
just copy/pasted and modified).