Python-by-example - new online guide to Python Standard Library

ajaksu ajaksu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 11:55:22 EDT 2008

On Apr 1, 10:15 pm, AK <andrei.... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
Hiya

> I find that I learn easier when I go from specific examples to a more
> general explanation of function's utility and I made a reference guide
> that will eventually document all functions, classes and methods in
> Python's Standard Library.
Thanks a lot, this is a great resource.

> For now, I covered about 20 most important
> modules. I will be adding more modules and eventually I'll cover
> everything. Here's my progress so far, let me know if this is useful;
> I'll be glad to hear comments/suggestions/etc:
>
> http://www.lightbird.net/py-by-example/

Content is nice, presentation can be tweaked towards making examples
easier to understand and run on the interactive console. I suggest
taking a look at PyMOTW[1] and Crunchy[2][3] for nice ideas.

Best regards,
Daniel

[1] http://www.doughellmann.com/projects/PyMOTW/
[2] http://code.google.com/p/crunchy/