Easiest way to get started with WebApps?

Jason Scheirer jason.scheirer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 15:52:06 EDT 2008

On Apr 18, 12:06 pm, skanem... at yahoo.se wrote:
> which is the easiest module to use to just get started with webapps
> quicklya nd starting getting things up and running, not advanced stuff
> just basic.

web.py is probably the most reasonable small webapp framework to get
going (it's a very small download and install, with little to no
configuration). It does lack a lot of features you may eventually want
and you will have to roll yourself, but I really strongly recommend it
if you already know something about web programming. I've had a lot of
success teaching newbie swith TurboGears, but that's pretty
heavyweight and every time you mention it everyone asks why you don't
just use Django or Pylons.