Why prefer != over <> for Python 3.0?

MRAB google at mrabarnett.plus.com
Tue Apr 1 17:37:41 EDT 2008

On Mar 30, 7:59 pm, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-... at yahoo.com.ar>
wrote:
> En Sun, 30 Mar 2008 11:10:20 -0300, MRAB <goo... at mrabarnett.plus.com>
> escribió:
>

> > On Mar 30, 6:35 am, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-... at yahoo.com.ar>
> > wrote:

> >> Fine if you have the right keyboard... Try to write APL with a standard
> >> keyboard :)
>
> > There was a version of APL for the Sinclair QL which replaced the
> > standard APL symbols with keywords.
>
> Wow, APL on 8 bits?
> Now there is (or perhaps there was) J, a reincarnation of APL by Iverson
> himself that uses ASCII characters only.

The Sinclair QL used the Motorola 68008, which was like the 68000 (a
32-bit processor) but with an 8-bit external data bus instead of a 16-
bit one; that made the system cheaper to build, but as the
instructions were multiples of 16 bits long every instruction required
at least 2 memory accesses, which made it slower. Nice clean processor
though, unlike the 8086... :-)