Python in High School

Wed Apr 2 23:25:17 EDT 2008

Laurent Pointal wrote:
> Le Tue, 01 Apr 2008 12:35:46 -0700, Paddy a écrit :
> And if you want to do easy and simple 3D graphics programming, look at
> VPython
>
> http://www.vpython.org/

I offer a _strong_ second -- Nowhere in computing have I seen it
easier to create stereoscopic views of 3-D things with a tiny
amount of code without facing a wall when you exceed their example
space.

You owe it to yourself to spend a long weekend working through
VPython; you will be _shocked_ at what you can do after three
full days of hard work.  Imagine: Ruth Chabay and Bruce Sherwood
built this code in order to teach intro physics: they thought
that (and continue to teach classes as if) it was _easier_ to
teach Python and the physics than to teach physics alone!

-Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org