Confused about Boost.Python & bjam

Neil Hodgson nyamatongwe+thunder at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 17:35:07 EDT 2008

Till Kranz:

> I tried to get started with Boost.Python. unfortunately I never used the
> bjam build system before. As it is explained in the documentation I
> tried to adapt the the files form the examples directory. I copied
> 'Jamroot', 'boost_build.jam' and 'extending.cpp' to '~/test/'. But I am
> lost as to what to do now.

    Yes, Boost.Python is difficult to use and the documentation isn't
that clear. I've pretty much given up for now but I do have a project
called SinkWorld that works with Boost.Python. You can access the CVS at
http://scintilla.cvs.sourceforge.net/scintilla/sinkworld/
    and the jam config files are in the tentacle/python directory as
http://scintilla.cvs.sourceforge.net/scintilla/sinkworld/tentacle/python/Jamfile?revision=1.6&view=markup
http://scintilla.cvs.sourceforge.net/scintilla/sinkworld/tentacle/python/boost-build.jam?revision=1.2&view=markup
http://scintilla.cvs.sourceforge.net/scintilla/sinkworld/tentacle/python/Jamrules?revision=1.2&view=markup

    There is a mailing list which may be able to help: