Zope/DTML Infuriating...

Marco Mariani marco at sferacarta.com
Tue Apr 29 09:49:25 EDT 2008

Jens wrote:

> Hey no worriest. Is this the tutorial you're referring to:
>
> http://docs.python.org/lib/typesmapping.html
>
> Is there anything better?

That's the library reference - the one to keep under the pillow.
It also documents the core -- i.e. builtin objects.

As for the language semantics, I suggest the whole of

http://docs.python.org/tut/

then a bit of

http://docs.python.org/ref/ref.html

A good alternative could be the new edition of Python in a Nutshell.
The author has a very clear style and leaves no corners uncovered.

> I miss the discussion and examples that accompany most entries in php.net.

This is a post + comments about strong/weak typing, although not an
in-depth analyses.

http://www.artima.com/forums/flat.jsp?forum=106&thread=7590