Running a python code periodically

Jorgen Grahn grahn+nntp at snipabacken.se
Wed Apr 9 15:47:51 EDT 2008

On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 15:01:36 -0500, Larry Bates <larry.bates at websafe.com`> wrote:
> paul wrote:
>> Maryam Saeedi schrieb:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I was wondering if you know how can I run a python code once every five
>>> minutes for a period of time either using python or some other program like
>>> a bash script.
>>
>> See the sched module in the standard library or here:
>> http://pypi.python.org/simple/Recur/

> You could use cron also.

Yeah, although cron has minute-resolution, so 5 min is fairly close to
the limit of what you can do.  Also, the poster mentioned "for a
period of time" and that makes me suspect that (s)he really wants the
code to make a decision about when to stop executing.

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@        Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
\X/     snipabacken.se>          R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!