Google App Engine

Duncan Booth duncan.booth at invalid.invalid
Tue Apr 8 15:10:57 EDT 2008

William Dode <wilk at flibuste.net> wrote:

> On 08-04-2008, Duncan Booth wrote:
>> Google have announced a new service called 'Google App Engine' which
>> may be of interest to some of the people here (although if you want
>> to sign up you'll have to join the queue behind me):
>>
>> From the introduction:
>>
>>> What Is Google App Engine?
>
> It's also interesting to see that we can find django, webob and pyyaml
> in their sdk (license apache 2)

Yes, it says you can use almost any Python web framework but django is the
preferred one.

Some of the comments at
http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/04/07/google-jumps-head-first-into-web-services-with-google-app-engine/
sound kind of upset, e.g.: "Python will be a deal breaker for many
"
or "Python only. What a weird decision. Not business and community-friendly at all."